The Bard’s Tale for BlackBerry PlayBook Now Available
We previously told you that inXile Entertainment would soon be releasing the popular game The Bard’s Tale soon on the BlackBerry PlayBook. That day is here as it is now available for purchase on BlackBerry App World for $5.99.
The Bard’s Tale is a full-scale massive 3D epic role-playing game. You are the Bard, a selfish rogue weary of pointless sub-quests and rat-infested cellars. Through magical song you summon characters to join you in battle, heal your party, and take damage on your behalf.
Features of The Bard’s Tale include:
- 50 enemy types (not counting bosses!)
- A vast world to explore with towns, wild forests, rivers, castles, towers, secret dungeons, snowy mountains, caverns, haunted tombs and more
- A full cast of bizarre NPC’s
- Over a dozen special boss enemies to defeat
- 16 magical characters to discover and then summon at will to aid you
- Over 150 unique items of weaponry, armor, instruments, tokens, artifacts and loot!
- More Song & Dance numbers than any other game, including a zombie dance-off!
- Over 14 hours of outstanding voice-acting from top Hollywood talent, including Cary Elwes (The Princess Bride) as the Bard, and the inimitable Tony Jay as the Narrator
That’s not all! You get these great new additions in the BlackBerry version:
- Autosave—option to save automatically when you near a save-book in game.
- Time-Savers—optional in-app purchases are available to pump up your Bard and save you time! (Note: All such items are attainable through normal game-play, with time and persistence, just as in the original console release.)
- Includes the original classic game The Bard’s Tale I: Tales of the Unknown! 2 & 3 coming soon! (Supports Bluetooth keyboard and mouse)
Note: This game is huge in file size. Installation over Wi-Fi can temporarily require as much as 3.2GB of free space on your device (for compressed download + uncompressed install).