Bell Launches Push-to-Talk BlackBerry App
Bell has at last turned on their new Push-to-Talk network. Bell’s PTT network looks to one up Telus’ by offering it on HSPA+, which will allow you to get faster download speeds (up to 21 Mbps) and calls to your PTT contacts under 1 second.
In addition, Bell has released a PTT app for BlackBerry. Although, it is currently on available for the Curve 9360. Features include:
- One touch push-to-talk for easy and fast connection with up to 100 people
- Simultaneous PTT Voice and Data
- ‘Presence Status’ shows whether employees are available or unavailable
- Corporate Admin Tool let’s you easily manage contacts and groups
- Enhanced security on Bell Mobility’s 4G network
- No long distance charges
- Fastest data speeds available on PTT devices in Canada (up to 21 Mbps download speeds)
As for PTT monthly rate plans, there are 4 that range in price from $15/month to $60/month. The plans vary in offerings from an add-on with “Unlimited Canada-Wide PTT” to including airtime/long distance and 300 local sharable minutes.