BlackBerry is gearing up to launch its ‘Classic’ device sometime at the end of this year. The Classic brings back the five button belt that many BlackBerry users have been accustomed to over the years.
While rumors and numerous leaks have been swirling on the Classic’s specs and ornamental design, we’ve received confirmation on its specs. New photos also show it’s final hardware revision, which we should see when officially launched (perhaps in November).
The Classic five button belt features clickable buttons like its predecessor, whereas some rumors pegged it as haptic feedback. Currently, the TrackPad does not appear to illuminate, but it may be software related. Hopefully we see the TrackPad capable of being illuminated at launch.
Checkout the BlackBerry Classic full spec sheet and photo gallery below:
- Colors: White, Black
- Hardware Dimensions (LxWxD): 131 x 72.4 x 10.2 mm
- Weight: 178g
- Processor: Qualcomm MSM8960 Dual Core 1.5 GHz
- Memory: 2 GB DDR2 RAM + 16GB eMMC Expandable Memory Hot swappable MicroSD slot (up to 128GB)
- 3.46” LTPS TFT LCD touchscreen
- 720×720 resolution
- 294 PPI
- 1:1 Aspect ratio
- 24 bit Color (16M colors)
- Rear Facing Camera: 8MP Auto-Focus, Backside Illumination, 5 element F2.2 lens, Flash, continuous & touch to focus, Image & video stabilization, 5x digital zoom, 1080p HD video recording at 30 fps, 2DOF video stabilization
- Front Facing Camera: 2MP Fixed-Focus, 3x digital zoom, 720p HD video recording
- 35 key backlit physical keyboard. The following Keyboards are supported: Black model – QWERTY, QWERTZ, AZERTY, Arabic, 5-Stroke, BoPoMoFo; White model – QWERTY, Arabic External Keys
- Front (Physical Key Belt): Send, Menu, Escape, End (Power)
- Top: Lock/Power (On/Off)
- Side: Volume Up / Mute / Volume Down (Media Overload as Track Fwd / Pause / Track Back)
- Optical Trackpad – Located on front face of device, Escape Key to the right, Menu Key to the left
- Three microphones for Noise Cancelation, Integrated speaker, Hands-free headset capable, Bluetooth headset capable, Integrated Hands-Free Speakerphone, Wideband AMR, FM Radio Receive (headset as antenna) Headset
- 3.5 mm stereo headset support
- Micro USB 2.0 High Speed – allows charging and data synchronization of the device with a USB “A” to micro-USB “B” cable
- USB Port: Micro B at bottom of device.
- Physical Video out via SlimPort
- Wireless Video out via Miracast
- DLNA Server Power Adapter
- +5V DC / 850 mA AC power adapter, OMTP Complaint (to be selected and supplied by BlackBerry).
- 2515 mAh (minimum) non-removable Lithium Ion battery
- Accelerometer, Magnetometer, Gyroscope, Proximity, Hall Sensor, Ambient light sensor SIM Interface
- Nano SIM card (4FF)
- Qi and Powermat wireless charging supported on SQC100-2 and SQC100-3 only.