Support for legacy BlackBerry devices will not be ending. A new update for BlackBerry Desktop Software has been rolled out by way of version 188.8.131.52 for legacy devices.
The new updates changelog:
Additional OS support
- Support for Windows 8
BlackBerry PlayBook tablet support
- You can add a tablet that has BlackBerry PlayBook OS 2.0.1 or later installed on it.
- The BlackBerry Desktop Software supports mobile network enabled tablets.
Media sync enhancements
- Sync your music by individual songs or by collections of music, including albums.
- Drag and drop picture and video folders from your computer into the BlackBerry Desktop Software to sync with your BlackBerry smartphone or tablet
- Learn about syncing Music, Pictures, and Videos before configuring features.
- You can sync all of your configured data at one time by toggling the sync button in a synchronization screen and selecting Sync All.
You can find more details on this update here. To get the update, open BlackBerry Desktop Software, which should prompt you to install the new update, version 184.108.40.206.