Previously it was announced that RIM would be using TomTom for an upcoming navigation app in BlackBerry 10. Turns out, there is also going to be a BlackBerry 7 version too.
BlackBerry Navigator has been launched for UK users in Beta Zone. Here’s some of its features:
Navigation & Traffic
- Real-time turn-by-turn spoken directions to destination
- Automatic re-routing if a turn is missed.
- Preview route steps and upcoming turns.
- Trip summary and overview map with entire trip highlighted.
- 3D map view simulates what the user should expect to see ahead.
- Spoken directions include both maneuvers and actual street name pronunciations so that users can focus on the road and not the screen for a safer driving experience.
- Local Search – provides information for nearby hotels and restaurants as well as other POIs, such as businesses, attractions, and events. Narrow the search by choosing sub-categories.
- One-touch calling feature – dials the place’s phone number for the subscriber.
- Save directory results to the address book for future use.
- Home screen shortcuts – Easily create home screen shortcuts for “click to go” to frequent or important destinations.
- 7 digits postcode support
- BBM Integration – Send location enabled messages to your BBM contacts.
- Facebook – Keep your friends and family updated by posting your location or favorite cafe to Facebook.
- Contacts App Integration – Get directions to a contact right from your device’s contacts.
- Day/Night Mode – Automatic Day and Night Mode.
Check out more photos of BlackBerry Navigator below: