BlackBerry Z10 Compared to Samsung Galaxy S4
Yesterday, Samsung unveiled its latest smartphone, the Galaxy S4. While some feel it is more of a “S3.5″, here’s how it stacks up against the BlackBerry Z10:
- Galaxy S4: 5.3 inches x 2.74 inches x 0.3 inches; weighs 4.5 ounces
- BlackBerry Z10: 5.12 inches x 2.58 inches x 0.35 inches; weighs 4.78 ounces
- Galaxy S4: 5-inch, full HD Super AMOLED screen; 1920 x 1080 resolution
- BlackBerry Z10: 4.2-inch; 1280 x 768 resolution
- Galaxy S4: Eight-core Exynos 5 chipset clocked at 1.6 GHz supported by 2 GB of RAM. U.S. will have Qualcomm’s quad-core Sanpdragon S4 Pro processor clocked at 1.9 GHz
- BlackBerry Z10: Qualcomm’s dual-core Snapdragon S4 processor clocked at 1.5 GHz supported with 2 GB of RAM
- Galaxy S4: 16GB, 32GB and 64GB models, up to 64GB with micro SD
- BlackBerry Z10: 16GB model; up to 64GB with micro SD
- Galaxy S4: 13-megapixel rear camera; 2-megapixel front
- BlackBerry Z10: 8-megapixel rear camera; 2-megapixel front
- Galaxy S4: No details from Samsung. We will update when it becomes available.
- BlackBerry Z10: Standby: 13 days; Talk time: 10 hours
- Galaxy S4: 700,000
- BlackBerry Z10: 70,000
- Dual Camera: Takes photos and video with the front and rear cameras simultaneously. Supports video calls with both cameras.
- Group Play: Share photos, documents, games between phones without Wi-Fi, cell connection
- BlackBerry Balance. Create multiple profiles for personal, work, other needs.
- BlackBerry Hub. Quick swipe left of screen to access email, other functions while using any app.
Samsung has also announced an integration of the SwiftKey keyboard technology in their stock virtual keyboard for their iteration of Android. This is something BlackBerry has also done to with BlackBerry 10.
While the Samsung Galaxy S4 will be this year’s flagship device for the company, the Z10 apparently isn’t for BlackBerry. There are many tell-tale signs there will be a better all-touch device (codenamed: Aristo), which is rumored to hit Sprint in the second half of the year.