Call of Duty DLC ‘Eclipse’
Call of Duty Black Ops 3‘s first paid expansion was released a few months ago, and now it’s second ‘Eclipse’ isn’t far behind it. The developers Activision and Treyarch have officially announced it’s release date, and also revealed it’s contents.
Not long after the release of the first DLC ‘Awakening’, Eclipse is soon to follow and will offer Call of Duty players some new maps into the mix. PS4 players will be able to get their hands on the DLC on the 19th of April, with the Xbox One and PC release soon to follow. This is due to Sony and Activision’s DLC partnership allowing Playstation users to have access to all new content first.
With Eclipse you’ll be getting the same amount of content as the previous expansion pack, which will give you 4 new multiplayer maps and a new zombie map. The 4 new multiplayer maps are called Spire, Rift, Knockout, and Verge, with the latter ‘Verge’ being a remake of Bonzai from World at War. The newest addition to Black Ops 3’s zombie mode is called Zetsubou No Shima.
The image below will give you a quick preview of each map, and from what we can see it looks like a decent variety, although there’s some similarities to previous maps. For example we can see another map based in the sky, and also another with large pools of water, which will take full advantage of Black Ops 3’s new wall running and under water combat systems.
- Spire: Spire takes Multiplayer combat to a futuristic sub-orbital airport terminal set high in the clouds. Multiple levels and open areas promote intense, mid-range combat around a clean, high-tech civilian environment. Watch your step, because one wrong move could send you plummeting back through the stratosphere.
- Rift: Head to the core of a harsh futuristic military complex, set high above an active caldera. Rift funnels and forces tight, intense engagements, where the only way through is forward. Utilize the unique core movement opportunities to outsmart and outplay enemies as you traverse the suspended rail system.
- Knockout: Housed in a traditional Shaolin Temple with a retro twist, Knockout sets the stage for a bloody Kung Fu tournament. This mid-sized map showcases a sharp contrast between the mid-range engagements of the traditional exterior architecture and the tight close-quarters of an eclectic 1970’s styled interior.
- Verge: In this re-imagination of the classic Call of Duty: World at War map, Banzai, Verge drops Multiplayer combat into the center of a distant post-apocalyptic future, where two warring factions are entrenched in constant battle. Take control of the key bridge, fortresses, tunnel systems and waterfalls as you engage in high-speed action through this medium-sized map
- Zetsubou No Shima: The Origins characters find themselves stranded on a remote Pacific island which is home to the Division 9 facility: a secret biological research lab whose experiments with Element 115 and its effects on human, animal, and plant biology has created horrors beyond belief. Zetsubou No Shima features a foliage-rich island map including new terrifying zombie enemies, a variety of innovative transport mechanics, more devastating traps and classic Zombies side quests.
Black Ops 3’s second DLC Pack ‘Eclipse’ will be available for PS4 on the 19th of April, then follow later on Xbox One and PC. It will cost $14.99 on it’s own or as part of the season pass.