How to check if my phone has ITPolicy?
1) Choose Options-> Security Options -> General Settings
2) Check if there is something about policy or administrative settings
3) If there is anything mentioned about that – You should follow those steps:
IMPORTANT: If You are BES user DO NOT REMOVE YOUR ITPOLICY! IT WILL JUST PISS OFF YOUR IT ADMIN BEACUSE HE WILL HAVE TO RE-ACTIVATE YOUR DEVICE AND THEN ALL ITPOLICY SETTINGS WILL BE BACK ON YOUR PHONE! How to remove ITP?
1. Download attached Policy.bin file with empty IT rules
2. Extract and opy it to C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\
3. In Windows choose Start -> Run…, type regedit and hit Enter
4. Find HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Policy manager string
5. In the right window click right mouse button and select New -> String value
6. Name it Path
7. Click RMB on it and choose Edit
8. Enter C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\policy.bin as value
9. Connect Your device to PC using USB cable and run Desktop Manager
10. ITPolicy will be removed automaticly
11. Remove policy.bin file and added string value.