NeoMedia announced today that have just launched their new, updated NeoReader application for BlackBerry. NeoReader is a barcode scanning software that can connect to mobile content and lets users scan 2D and 1D codes. Here are some of the new features:
- Ability to send email, SMS and make phone calls directly by scanning appropriate codes
- Redesigned user interfaces for simpler and improved navigation
- Optimized graphics performance in viewfinder mode as well as enhanced autofocus and snapshot support
- Faster 1D and 2D barcode scanning
- New ‘copy to clipboard’ functionality for scanned codes
NeoReader is currently available for download from the BlackBerry App World and the bast part is it’s absolutely free. Try it out and let us know if you like it.
BOULDER, Colo., Mar 08, 2012 (BUSINESS WIRE) — NeoMedia Technologies, Inc. , the pioneer in global mobile barcode management solutions, today announced the launch of the updated NeoReader(R) barcode-scanning software applications for Apple iOS, Android, BlackBerry, Symbian and Windows Phone 7 users. The upgraded apps are available now from the Apple App Store(TM), Android Market(TM) / Google Play(TM), BlackBerry App World(TM), Nokia Store and Windows(R) Marketplace for users to transform their devices into barcode scanners and seamlessly connect to mobile content.
NeoReader bridges the gap between traditional and digital media, allowing all users with camera phones to scan both 2D and 1D code types in order to access specific web content, real-time product or service information, download content, or complete a mobile commerce transaction with one click. Users no longer need to type in long URLs, scroll through long lists of search results or navigate cumbersome mobile phone menus.
Some of the new features that will enable users to enjoy the value and convenience of a rich and relevant interactive experience, wherever they encounter a mobile barcode, are:
– Ability to send email, SMS and make phone calls directly by scanning appropriate codes
– Redesigned user interfaces for simpler and improved navigation
– Optimized graphics performance in viewfinder mode as well as enhanced autofocus and snapshot support
– Faster 1D and 2D barcode scanning
– New ‘copy to clipboard’ functionality for scanned codes
Consumers can easily download the NeoReader software to their phone by going to get.neoreader.com on their mobile browser or accessing their appropriate app store. For more information visit www.neoreader.com .
NeoMedia Technologies, Inc. is the global market leader in 2D mobile barcode technology and infrastructure solutions that enable the mobile barcode ecosystem world-wide. Its technology platform transforms mobile devices with cameras into barcode scanners, enabling a range of practical and engaging applications including consumer oriented advertising, mobile ticketing and couponing, and business-to-business commercial track and trace solutions.
NeoMedia’s suite of products, services and extensive IP portfolio means it is the only provider able to offer customers a comprehensive end-to-end mobile barcode solution. NeoMedia’s current customers include handset manufacturers, platform providers, brands and agencies looking to offer mobile barcode solutions to their customer base.
Learn more at www.neom.com or visit us at one of the following online destinations:
SOURCE: NeoMedia Technologies, Inc.