Sometimes you need to transfer files to your PlayBook, and while hooking it up via USB is fast and easy, you don’t always have a USB around so you need another option. That’s when Wi-Fi file sharing comes in handy. If you want an easy way, other than USB, to connect your PlayBook to any computer, follow these steps and you’ll be good to go.
- On your PlayBook, go to Settings > Storage and Sharing.
- Set the Wi-Fi Sharing switch to On.
- To set a password to help protect your files, tap Password.
- Go back to Settings > About
- In the drop-down list, tap Network and make note of the Wi-Fi IPv4 address for your tablet.
- On a Windows computer, click Start > Run. Type your tablet IP address like this: \\xx.xxx.xxx.xxx. On a Mac, select Go > Connect to Server. Type your tablet IP address like this: smb://xx.xxx.xxx.xxx.
- You can now drag files from your PC to the tablet, or from the tablet to your PC.
It’s as easy as that! Let us know if this was helpful and which method do you prefer, USB or Wi-Fi sharing.