Sound ID’s EarPrint app is now available for 4 BlackBerry models — so for the first time, the BlackBerry community can take advantage of the controls and personalization options that this free app brings to the Bluetooth experience. EarPrint is available for free from BlackBerry App World, works with the BlackBerry Torch 9800, BlackBerry Storm 9550, BlackBerry Storm 9530 and BlackBerry Storm 9520 (the Blackberry Bold and Curve will be added by the end of December) and is exclusively compatible with the Sound ID 510 Bluetooth headset.
The 510 is a premium Bluetooth headset with a list of impressive features, including a scientifically engineered design for all-day wearing comfort; A2DP technology for music, podcast and GPS listening; multi-point technology to connect with 2 Bluetooth-enabled phones; and advances in background noise reduction, just to name a few. You can purchase the Sound ID 510 from AT&T Wireless, Fry’s Electronics, Best Buy Canada or at www.soundid.com for $129.99 When used with EarPrint, the 510 offers PersonalSound (to set sound settings), a Visual Battery Meter, Find Me (to help locate a missing headset) and more.
Full press release:
FREE SOUND ID EARPRINT APP NOW AVAILABLE FOR BLACKBERRY DEVICES
App Gives BlackBerry Users New Ways To Manage Their Bluetooth Experience Via Personal Sound, Find Me and More; Works Exclusively With The Sound ID 510 Bluetooth Headset
MOUNTAIN VIEW, California, December 2, 2010 – Sound ID, an innovator in combining knowledge of the human ear with the latest wireless technology, today announced that Sound ID EarPrint – a one of a kind app that allows users to customize and control their Bluetooth experience when used with the Sound ID 510 Bluetooth headset – is now available in BlackBerry App World. The app currently works with the BlackBerry Torch 9800, BlackBerry Storm 9550, BlackBerry Storm 9530 and BlackBerry Storm 9520. The Blackberry Bold and Curve will be added by the end of December.
“We are excited to bring EarPrint to BlackBerry App World so the BlackBerry community now has the opportunity to take their Bluetooth connectivity to the next level,” said Michael Jones, President and CEO of Sound ID. “With a compatible BlackBerry device, the Sound ID 510 Bluetooth headset and EarPrint, you can transform a typical Bluetooth connection into a truly powerful experience full of unique personalization capabilities, audio tools and more.”
Those currently using the Sound ID 510 Bluetooth headset or those planning to purchase the device from AT&T Wireless, Fry’s, Best Buy Canada or www.soundid.com<http://www.soundid.com/> , simply need to update their headset via a firmware update available at www.soundid.com and then visit BlackBerry App World to download the app for free.
· PersonalSound™ – With the free EarPrint app, users can customize and save listening preferences via Personal Sound. While on a call, simply drag the ID icon across the phone screen to change the audio parameters and enhance the listening levels. Choose the audio parameters for three listening modes: Phone, Music and Pass-Thru.
· Pass-Thru – Enhances hearing ability so soft surrounding sounds can be heard while wearing the headset and not on a call.
· Visual Battery Indicator – Provides battery life status.
· Find Me – Help to locate a missing 510 – press the “Find Me” icon on the phone and the headset will start emitting a beeping sound and the LED will begin to flash.
· Sound Level Meter – Provides audio details in real-time so users know when sound reaches levels that could potentially damage hearing.
· In Call Tools – Allows users to have the green LED flash when on a call or remain off.
The Sound ID 510, the only headset compatible with EarPrint, delivers advances in audio engineering, a sleek in-ear design crafted for all-day wearing comfort and an array of other features including:
· A2DP Technology – Enjoy listening to music, GPS navigation, webcasts and more.
· Voice Announcements – Provides connection and status announcements.
· 3X NoiseNavigation – Three microphones, a fine scale noise-cancelling algorithm and advanced sound processing help eliminate background noise
· Multi-Point Technology – Allows users to securely connect with two Bluetooth-enabled phones.
· RealComfort™ EarLoops 2.0 – Scientifically engineered for comfort and to better channel sound into the ear for enhanced listening.
· Touch Sensor Volume Control – Offers easy volume adjustment by simply sliding a finger across the headset.
· On/Off Switch – Helps to conserve battery life and avoid accidental pocket-dialing.
Pricing and Availability
The Sound ID 510 is currently available for $129.99 at AT&T Wireless, Fry’s, Best Buy Canada, Apple and www.soundid.com. All units come with a 3 Mic Noise Canceller, a small, energy efficient Universal AC travel charger (100-240 VAC), USB charging cable, three sizes of RealComfort EarLoops and an Ear Hook for an alternative over-the-ear wearing option.
The Sound ID EarPrint app is available now for free via BlackBerry App World for four BlackBerry devices and additional BlackBerry models, such as the Curve, in the near future. EarPrint also works with the iPhone 4 and iOS 4.x, Android 2.1 or 2.2 touch screen phones, and a version for Windows 7 devices will be out in the coming months.
About Sound ID
Sound ID™ was founded with the mission to bring personalized sound to mainstream consumers. Sound ID has accomplished this by combining deep knowledge of the human ear with best-in-class Bluetooth technology and patented Adaptive Noise Compensation techniques. The result is a new category of Bluetooth-compatible headsets – designed to revolutionize your personal appreciation of sound by addressing your unique hearing preferences in a wide variety of environments.
Noted Ear Doctor from Stanford University and entrepreneur Dr. Rodney Perkins founded Sound ID based on the premise that personal communications devices, such as Bluetooth headsets, could benefit from knowledge advancements of how the human ear processes sound. From there, Dr. Perkins brought together top scientists and engineers in psychoacoustics, product design and software development to create a truly advanced product line.