BlackBerry 10 might be the shiny new toy for BlackBerry, but that’s not stopping their teams from working on the apps of legacy devices. Twitter for BlackBerry 4.0 has now officially released from Beta Zone.
Here’s a recap of some of the features from the beta:
- Simplified NavBar: The Navigation Bar has been made simpler, more consistent with Twitter’s own navigation, and includes Home, Connect, Discover, Search and Me.
- Users will find Trends has become part of Discover Tab and Direct Messages (DMs) and Lists have been moved under the Me Tab (previously known as My Profile).
- Connect Tab with Interactions: Previously known as Mentions, the Connect Tab displays additional types of user interactions including when one of your Tweets is Favorited, Retweeted or Replied To, and when you have a new Follower.
- Discover Tab with Trends, Who To Follow and Browse Categories: Three trends are loaded and the user has the ability to View all trends on their own screen. Who To Follow is a completely new function showing three users suggestions and a button to view 20 more. Browse Categories is available as a button on Discover Tab and has been given a new look.
- Me Tab with Direct Messages: The user will find Direct Message access in the Messages bar under Me Tab. For users with multiple accounts, red splats are also used to indicate new information for the inactive accounts.
- Attribution Tag Removal: The user will no longer see “via XYZ client” in tweets and retweets.
Download Twitter for BlackBerry from BlackBerry World here.