Viira Outlook Suite 1.1 Released – Enhanced UI, Touchscreen support and more!
Viira Outlook Suite has been updated to version 1.1 adding a lot of new features! For those who don’t know, Viira Outlook Suite is the first software product that lets you sync Outlook with your BlackBerry device to help you “get things done”. Here’s what’s new on version 1.1:
- Organize your email. File your email messages into you GTD system from both Outlook and your BlackBerry. Email tasks created from the Viira Outlook Suite Outlook plugin can be then viewed from the BlackBerry client, and vice versa.
- Fast startup. The startup time of both the Outlook plugin and the BlackBerry client have been dramatically increased to give you an even faster access to your portable GTD system.
- Enhanced UI. The Viira Outlook Suite BlackBerry client now sports the UI from Viira 2.2, enabling an intuitive transition between the main views.
- Touchscreen support. Owners of a BlackBerry Torch or Storm can navigate using the touchscreen on their device.
- Search. Quickly locate the tasks you are looking for from the Viira Outlook Suite Outlook plugin Tasks view.
- Quick launch. Lauch the Viira Outlook Suite Outlook plugin quickly from anywhere in Outlook by clicking on the new launch button on the Outlook toolbar.
- Quick add. Add a new Viira Outlook Suite task from anywhere in Outlook! A new quick add button is now available in your Outlook’s toolbar enabling you to jot down ideas and to-dos quickly and with ease.
Viira Outlook Suite is priced at $69.99 and there’s also a free trial available for you to try out the app and Outlook plugin.
February 8, 2011
The Viira Outlook Suite is the first software solution to bring together the power of a BlackBerry® smartphone and Microsoft® Outlook® into a personal productivity suite that helps people stay organized and get things done from anywhere. Based on the principles of David Allen’s bestselling Getting Things Done®, the Viira Outlook Suiteleverages the power and reliability of the BlackBerry Enterprise Server to provide near-instant synchronization of projects, to-dos, priorities and commitments between a BlackBerry smartphone and MS Outlook. Non-BES synchronization is also supported.
The Viira Outlook Suite comes with a BlackBerry app and an Outlook plugin that stay in sync and provide support for all key aspects of a GTD-based organizational system both on the go and from a desktop PC. Version 1.1 adds email organization, quick search and quick launch capabilities as well as touchscreen navigation support for owners of the popular BlackBerry Torch and BlackBerry Storm models. The Viira Outlook Suite comes with a 14-day free trial and is supported on all modern BlackBerry devices as well as on Microsoft Outlook 2003, 2007 and 2010.
“Getting Things Done: The Art of Stress-Free Productivity” is a best-selling time management book by David Allen. The principles of the book have received worldwide media attention and have been embraced by millions of professionals, entrepreneurs and executives worldwide. BlackBerry smartphones and Microsoft Outlook are the productivity platforms of choice for many fans of Getting Things Done and the Viira Outlook Suite comes to the rescue of many who have previously been unable to leverage the full power of GTD with Outlook because of the lack of BlackBerry synchronization.
The BlackBerry Enterprise Server (BES) is a unique and differentiating component of the BlackBerry platform that enables individuals and enterprises of all sizes to achieve high level of application synchronization and IT data control. The Viira Outlook Suite leverages the unique synchronization capabilities offered by BES to provide a seamless synchronized experience with updates to the underlying GTD system propagated near-instantaneously between a BlackBerry smartphone and Microsoft Outlook. Owners of a BIS-powered or a pay-as-you-go BlackBerry smartphone can also sync via USB.
Contact: contact (at) kartamobile dot com
Company website: http://www.kartamobile.com
About Karta Mobile Inc.
Karta Mobile Inc. is a Vancouver, BC company that specializes in the design, creation and implementation of business-centric, productivity and work-flow applications for BlackBerry smartphones. Karta Mobile’s flagship BlackBerry software app Viira is the leading GTD-based productivity applicaiton and has received numerous media reviews and positive testimonials.
GTD® and Getting Things Done® are registered trademarks of David Allen Company. Karta Mobile and Viira are not affiliated with or endorsed by the David Allen Company. BlackBerry®, RIM®, Research In Motion® and related trademarks, names and logos are the property of Research In Motion Limited.