We’re making our way to next weeks Mobile World Congress 2011 in Barcelona, Spain. RIM will be there in full force, and while we don’t have high expectations for new product announcements, we do except to hear some of RIM’s upcoming future plans. Here is a break down of what to expect from RIM at MWC 2011:
- “Connecting the Dots – A 360° View on Consumer Electronics” - Jim Balsillie, Co-CEO
- “Making Apps Smarter” - Mike Kirkup, Director, Developer Relations
- “Social Networking: Social Goes Mobile” - Tyler Lessard, VP Global Alliances & Developer Relations
- “Mobile Devices – It’s What’s Inside That Counts” – Alan T. Panezic, Vice President, Platform Product Management Group
- “Mobile Money 2: NFC – Moving Beyond Payments” - Andrew Bocking, VP, Handheld Software Product Management
It looks like RIM will be discussing the future of social networking, apps, and the overall consumer-side of the BlackBerry platform. They will touch on Near Filed Communications (NFC) and from the title, will likely describe other ways NFC can be used in BlackBerrys besides just electronic payments. make sure you keep it locked to N4BB.com for any interesting news that may come out of MWC 2011.