RIM initially introduced a $10,000 guarantee to developers back in May during BlackBerry World and BlackBerry Jam. Today, RIM just outlined the details and marketing of the “10k Developer Commitment” and “Built for BlackBerry” program. If you’re a small developer, RIM is making an app-development offer that is hard to refuse.
The program will launch in the Fall of 2012. Essentially, if you make an app for BlackBerry 10, RIM will guarantee you $10,000 in revenue. There are some hoops and details, of course.
In order to qualify, you must:
- agree to the 10k Developer Commitment Terms and Conditions
- Be approved by the “Built for BlackBerry” program
- Keep the app available for sale on BlackBerry App World with the Built for BlackBerry branding
- Apps must have at least 100 unique downloads over the 12 month period.
- Make at least 1,000 USD in a 12-month period from one app
- Submit your app before January 21, 2013
You can find more details at the official BlackBerry website here.