ReFocus Tech let us know the long awaited update for their app ARKick, version 2.0, has launched today.
With this update, ReFocus boasts a completely new feature “Virtual Locations”. With Virtual Locations, all you have to do is enter a date, time and a place. In return, the app will consider that you are currently at the said place, and filter places with that context. This is very useful in preparing for future journeys, outings, and visits.
Along with that, the next biggest difference users will notice is a new ‘homescreen’ with shortcuts to the most frequently used categories, as well as one for the sidekick engine. This makes browsing for places in ARKick a lot faster than before.
The full list of changes include:
- Improved Sidekick Engine (Better suggestions via more contextual filters)
- Revamped user interface
- Home screen shortcuts for frequently used categories and sidekick engine
- Virtual locations – Experience any place in AR view, without having to go there!
- Estimation of time to destination
- More compact info page, showing only necessary information
- Map now enhanced with a traffic layer
- Multiple category selection
- New app icon, in preparation for Blackberry 10.3
- Optimized for Z10, Z30, Q10, Q5
- Drastically reduced loading/wait time
- Reduced file size from 12mb to 6mb
“The team has been busy working on the new feature Virtual Location. Apart from that we wanted to give users the best Blackberry 10 experience – turning it from a hybrid app to a native app. We decided to focus on improving the experience to the maximum extent rather than giving multiple minor updates. We are sure users will love ARKick v2.0,” said Neeraj Shetty, CTO, ReFocus Tech.
ARKick for BlackBerry 10 is available on the BlackBerry World storefront for $2.99 here.