BlackBerry has rolled out a new update to BBM Channels for BlackBerry 10 and legacy BlackBerry devices. The new update brings a plethora of new enhancements, with the following changelog:
- Chat! Ability to chat device to device. From the Channel overview or profile you can start a chat with the channel owner. If you’re a channel owner, make sure you enable chat in your channel profile.
- Subscriber count added to channel profile: no longer will you need to wonder the subscriber count for the channels you are subscribed to.
- Search Improvements: support for pagination and a new search animation.
- Support new lines in create post description field: add intrigue to your post by spacing out your description.
- Allow channel owners to exclude their channels from search – users can now create channels that will be excluded from search.
- Active text support for Channel PIN’s – whenever a BBM Channel ID is noted, users can select the Channel ID to open up the Channel within BBM. *Already supported on BBOS, new to BlackBerry 10
You can get the new update to BBM Channels by logging into the BlackBerry Beta Zone here.