BlackBerry has rolled out a new update to BBM Channels. The new update, available in BlackBerry Beta Zone, brings a slew of new features. Here’s what’s new in this release:
- Spread the word out about BBM on iPhone and Android to your friends and family!
- When you upgrade an automatic personal message (BBM status) will alert your contacts about Multi-Platform BBM availability and how they can download!
- Easily spread the word across other mediums such as Twitter and Facebook with a new button that allows you to “Share the News”.
- Ability to Block Channel Subscribers: you will now be able to block individuals from commenting and reposting in your channel right from the channel comments.
- OS 10.2 Only: Black Theme: you spoke and we listened! You now have the ability to set a light or dark theme for BBM!
Ready to update? Here’s how to do that:
BBOS Users and BlackBerry OS 10.0 Users: Follow this link to sign in and download as soon as possible.
BlackBerry 10.1 & 10.2 Users: Beta Zone App Upgrade Method Available!
All BlackBerry OS 10.1 & 10.2 users will now be able to upgrade their device over the air, just follow these quick instructions:
- Download the Beta Zone app to your device by searching for it in BlackBerry World or head here to download now.
- Open up the Beta Zone app on your device (app icon is a ladybug underneath a magnifying glass).
- There should be an update in the Available list called ‘BBM Channels’, select ‘Download’.
- Once downloaded to your device click ‘Open’ or launch BBM Channels through BBM.