*UPDATE* – Well, that was a short lived release. RIM has already pulled it. Here’s what they had to say:
Due to unforeseen issues, the latest BBM Music download – BBM Music v22.214.171.124 – has been removed. If you have already downloaded this version, you can keep it! It should not cause any issues with your device.
We know you’ve been anxiously awaiting a new BBM Music build, so we sincerely apologize for any issues this may have caused. Stay tuned! We hope to have another build ready for you soon!
For now, you may continue using BBM Music v126.96.36.199, available here.
RIM has released BBM Music v188.8.131.52 to all those who are beta testers. Here is what’s new in this release:
- Users with a reduced BlackBerry data plan can use BBM Music over Wi-Fi
- Account and subscription information is now shown in Options
- Trial length is now shown on first use of the application
- Low memory warning shown when there is not enough memory to run
- SureType and virtual keyboard errors fixed
- Updated text in all supported languages
Media Playback Improvements
- Player now lets you click album art to play in more cases
- Playback stability improved, especially on CDMA devices
- Improved offline song playback on OS 5.0 devices
- Improved long song playback on devices with low memory
- Improved warnings about streaming over the mobile network
- Reduced the delay when skipping songs
Faster opening of large playlists
- Easier sorting of songs
- Faster loading of All Songs
- Notification icons for comments and friend requests
- Performance improvements to support larger numbers of contacts
- URLs for email invites and sharing are now much shorter (recipient needs the new version of BBM Music)
- PIN of the invitee is hidden when inviting user from BBM Music to BBM
- BBM 6.0.1 beta users can now invite BBM contacts that don’t have BBM Music installed
- Playback may not stop if Bluetooth is uncleanly disconnected
- Refreshing screens can cause rendering issues on certain device resolutions
- Saving playlists with many songs may result in delays
- BBM Music email invite links are only actionable through Menus on certain device builds.
- Connecting to BBM can cause delay at Step 2 of 4 requiring application restart
- Email links sent will not open in older version of BBM Music
- Prompts to download a newer BBM version will not work until BBM 6.0.1 is available