BlackBerry has announced a new app that brings together your mobile device with your computer or tablet called BlackBerry Blend. This app will allow you to keep track of everything happening on your BlackBerry without needing to take it out when you’re at your desk.
BlackBerry Blend is launching officially today for the Passport, and P’9983 smartphones. The corresponding app for BlackBerry Blend will be available for Windows, Mac at BlackBerry.com/Blend, for Android tablets in Google Play, and iPads in the App Store.
Current in-market BlackBerry 10 smartphones will get access to BlackBerry Blend with the upcoming 10.3.1 OS update.
Check out the full press release below for more.
September 24, 2014
BlackBerry Blend® Brings the Power and Security of BlackBerry to Your Computer and Tablet
New Application Allows Email, Conversations, Calendars and Contacts to “Follow” You Across Multiple Computing Screens
Waterloo, ON – BlackBerry Limited (NASDAQ: BBRY; TSX: BB), a global leader in mobile communications, announced today the availability of BlackBerry Blend, a new app that seamlessly brings messaging and content from your BlackBerry smartphone to your computer and tablet. With BlackBerry Blend, users can take advantage of the secure BlackBerry network to blend their personal and professional content and conversations together using the screen of their choice. Blend enables users to work seamlessly across multiple devices running various Windows, Mac and Android operating systems, making work collaboration and conversation easy no matter where they are.
Mobile professionals have demanding technology needs and are multi-device users working between their smartphone, PC and tablet all day. These individuals are highly connected and need a way to work across multiple devices and operating systems effortlessly in order to optimize their efficiency and achieve their goals.*
BlackBerry Blend streamlines the experience of using multiple devices on a daily basis by bridging the gap between your smartphone and other devices that make up your connected universe. With BlackBerry Blend, users can receive instant notifications, respond to work and personal messages, and access documents, calendars, contacts and media in real-time on any device, while never having to worry about their security being compromised. No saving to a cloud, no wires and no transferring information between devices. It’s just there. To watch a quick demonstration of Blend, visit www.BlackBerry.com/Blend.
“With the amount of time spent shuffling between devices throughout the day, the type of integration that BlackBerry Blend offers will bring a whole new level of productivity to our users,” said John Chen, Executive Chairman and CEO at BlackBerry. “Whether you need to access important work files on the road or respond to text and email messages on your tablet while commuting to work, BlackBerry Blend ensures all of your important information is safely accessible, regardless of the device you are using.”
Fundamentally rooted in BlackBerry’s core competencies of security and productivity, BlackBerry Blend offers user benefits such as:
• Never Miss a BBM or Text Message: Blend brings all your BBM and text messages from your BlackBerry smartphone to an integrated messaging hub now available on your computer and tablet.
• Use Your Smartphone as a Mobile Network Hub: Gain secure access to work email, calendars and important files on any device connected to Blend.
• Transfer Files Across Devices: Save files from your computer to your BlackBerry smartphone so they are accessible on any device connected to BlackBerry Blend
• BlackBerry Security, Across Your Devices: Powered by the BlackBerry device through the BlackBerry network, this seamless experience is also secure. And IT Administrators can rest easy, as they have the ability to set BlackBerry Blend parameters for users that match their security guidelines.
• Unified Calendar Management: BlackBerry Blend merges all of your work meetings, personal appointments and events into one view.
• Connect Anywhere, Anytime: BlackBerry Blend can connect wirelessly via Wi-Fi or cellular connection, or wired through the USB port on your PC. Once connected, use your BlackBerry ID on your computer and tablet to connect to BlackBerry Blend.
BlackBerry Blend is launching today on the BlackBerry® Passport and the Porsche Design P’9983 from BlackBerry®, and will work across desktop operating systems, including Mac OS X 10.7 +, iPad tablets running iOS 7+, Windows 7+ and Android tablets running Android 4.4+. The downloadable version of BlackBerry Blend for Macs and PCs is available today at www.BlackBerry.com/Blend, on the Apple® App StoreSM for iPad tablets, or via the Google Play™ Store for Android tablets.
BlackBerry Blend comes free on BlackBerry Passport at launch. Additional enterprise features will be available through a subscription program. Details of the enterprise offering will be announced in the coming weeks.
*Source: BlackBerry 2013 Segmentation Study – US, UK, Germany and Brazil