BlackBerry today announced the limited edition cobalt blue coloured BlackBerry Classic smartphone now available in Hong Kong.
The cobalt blue variant is available now through select carriers and partners. Check out our hands-on video with the cobalt blue BlackBerry Classic and the press release below for more details.
Hong Kong – BlackBerry Limited (NASDAQ: BBRY; TSX: BB), a global leader in mobile communications, announced today the availability of the limited edition cobalt blue coloured BlackBerry® Classic™ smartphone in Hong Kong. The cobalt blue variant is available now through select carriers and partners.
Gallant Leon, Managing Director, North Asia at BlackBerry, said: “With the arrival of the limited edition cobalt blue coloured BlackBerry Classic, customers in Hong Kong have even greater choice of form-factor and colour, when selecting the BlackBerry 10 device that best suits their needs and tastes. With BlackBerry Classic available in traditional black, classy white and now cobalt blue, customers can be confident they have chosen a device that keeps them secure and productive at home or at work, while matching their personal style.”
The BlackBerry Classic is a no-nonsense smartphone that is built to meet the needs of productive people who appreciate the speed and accuracy that can be found with a physical QWERTY keyboard. Although familiar in appearance, BlackBerry Classic upgrades the BlackBerry® Bold 9900 experience with:
- Three times faster browser
- 60 percent more screen space
- 50 percent longer battery life
- Greater variety of applications through BlackBerry World and the Amazon Appstore
Top features of the BlackBerry Classic that drive productivity, communications and collaboration include:
- BlackBerry® Keyboard & Trackpad – The QWERTY keyboard has stood the test of time as the iconic BlackBerry feature that users know and trust. Crafted for optimal speed and accuracy, the BlackBerry Classic’s QWERTY keyboard gives users the control and confidence to communicate quickly and clearly using one hand with a trackpad and classic navigation keys.
- BlackBerry® Browser – The BlackBerry 10 web browser is amazingly fast and astoundingly beautiful. That’s why HTML5TEST.com rates it amongst the top mobile browsers for web fidelity.* Access your favorite online content as it was meant to be seen, faster than ever before and with unlimited browser tabs.
- Screen & Battery – The BlackBerry Classic offers a form factor optimized for power communicators with a 3.5-inch touch screen display, 294 dpi HD resolution and Corning® Gorilla® Glass 3 for greater durability. The BlackBerry Classic also offers a large battery capacity and state-of-the-art battery optimization software. With up to 22 hours of battery power, you can be confident that BlackBerry Classic will be ready to deliver results when you need it.**
- Premium Components – The BlackBerry Classic has been designed with high-quality materials and finishes to provide optimal grip and better protection from impact. From the protective outer frame that we machined from a solid block of stainless steel, to the drafted angle of the frame to provide better impact protection when dropped as well as more ergonomic in hand.
- BlackBerry® 10 OS 10.3.1 – The BlackBerry Classic comes preloaded with the BlackBerry 10.3.1 operating system, offering a fresh look that incorporates updated icons and an instant action bar so that each user’s most commonly accessed functions are in the center of their screen. With this new operating system, users gain access to powerful features, including:
- BlackBerry® Blend – BlackBerry Blend brings messaging and content that is on your BlackBerry smartphone to your computer and tablet. Get instant message notifications, read and respond to your work and personal email, BBM™ and text messages, and access your documents, calendar, contacts and media in real time on whatever device you are on, powered by your BlackBerry.
- BlackBerry® Assistant – The BlackBerry Assistant is BlackBerry’s first digital assistant and can be used with voice and text commands to help users manage work and personal email, contacts, calendar and other native BlackBerry 10 applications. It’s the only smartphone assistant on the market today that can access both personal and work content in your work perimeter. BlackBerry Assistant intelligently determines how to respond to you based on how you interact with it – if you type, it responds silently, if you speak, it speaks back and if you activate over Bluetooth, it speaks back with additional context because it assumes you might not have access to the screen.
- Dual app storefronts for a wealth of professional and popular apps:
- BlackBerry World – BlackBerry World showcases essential productivity apps for business professionals looking to drive efficient communications and collaboration.
- Amazon Appstore – Preloaded on BlackBerry Classic, users can access popular Android apps and games through the Amazon Appstore including Candy Crush Saga, Pinterest, Kindle for Android and Cut the Rope 2. Users can also scan Android apps for malware and privacy issues prior to installation using BlackBerry Guardian.
- BlackBerry® Hub – The one place to manage all your conversations – email, texts, BBM, phone calls, social media and more. You can even glance at what’s next in your calendar. It’s always available with a single swipe to help you stay organized, in control and on top of all your conversations.
BlackBerry Classic is built on BlackBerry’s renowned secure operating system, with built-in protection against viruses, tampering and data leaks. The BlackBerry Classic is private by default, protecting users with encrypted email, web browsing and BBM.
The limited edition cobalt blue BlackBerry Classic is available now at an MSRP of HK$3,888 through csl. as well as authorized distributors including Broadway Photo Supply Ltd, Hong Kong Suning and The Nuance Group in Hong Kong.
For more information on the BlackBerry Classic, please visit http://www.BlackBerry.com/Classic.
* Data taken from HTML5TEST.com as of June 2015.
**Based on GSMA PRD TW.09 Battery Life Measurement Technique and a mixed usage scenario. Many factors affect battery life, including network connectivity, application usage, feature configuration and battery age. Actual results may vary.