You might already know that BlackBerry Jam Asia is going on in Bangkok, along with numerous Hackathons and developer meet-ups. Lots of stuff will be shown and many exciting news will be coming from BB Jam Asia, such incentives. Developers testing they applications on the BlackBerry 10 Dev Alpha devices can apply to be to be eligible for a limited edition BlackBerry 10 device. How awesome is that?! Some other updates include:
- The BlackBerry 10 Dev Alpha program is expanding to include the BlackBerry 10 Dev Alpha C testing device for developers who want to test applications on a BlackBerry 10 device with a QWERTY keyboard.
- The BlackBerry 10 SDKs have received their latest update, incorporating feedback from the developer community. The gold release of the tools is still on track for December 11, 2012.
- The BlackBerry App Generator tool has launched and can turn online content (RSS, Facebook brand/fan pages, blogs, online galleries, etc.) into great looking native BlackBerry 10 apps within minutes.
You might also already know that the application store we all know as BlackBerry App World has now been re-branded to BlackBerry World. RIM has also been keeping track of how developers have been doing with writing apps for different platforms, including upcoming BB10. These were the results:
- Developer attitude towards RIM has improved broadly and significantly
§ 42% would definitely recommend RIM as a development platform, a 25% increase
- Global developers have shifted their focus away from Apple to other platforms including RIM
§ 18% of developers surveyed say they are now developing apps for RIM, a 4% increase
§ 8% now consider RIM to be their main (primary) development platform, a 5% increase
- Buzz and excitement is growing for BlackBerry 10 development
§ 12% of developers heard positive buzz regarding BlackBerry 10 from other developers, a 7% increase
I’m a great believer in the fact that a platform’s success depends a lot of the developers and the apps available for it. So far, we’ve seen the love for BlackBerry 10 grow stronger and devs seem to be as excited as users. What do you guys think of all this?