BlackBerry Rio was exclusively unveiled as a mid-range all-touch smartphone coming later this year.
The “Rio” moniker was purely the device’s codename. Now, OS files are pointing to the device getting branded as the “BlackBerry Leap.”
As a recap, the Rio/Leap specs will be the following:
- 9.5 mm profile
- 5” 1280 x 720 display
- 2MP front facing, 8MP rear facing cameras
- 2800 mAh non-removable battery
- MSM 8960 Dual Core 1.5 GHz processor
- 2 GB RAM, 16GB Flash + Micro SD
- Penta Band LTE + 4G Hotspot
- Wi-Fi 2.4GHz 802.11 b/g/n
- BT 4.0 / DLNA / Miracast
- Dual Microphone
- Speaker phone
New images of the Rio/Leap have emerged too, which apparently shows the device now has a stainless steel band on the sides the device like the Passport.