There has been a lot of whispers on what could be packed into BBM 6.0, and a lot of whispers of what users would like to see as features. Needless to say, some new rumored features have popped, whether they’re real or not is the question. Although, we do have to say, the features sound like a great way for further enhancing the social networking side of BlackBerry. Hit the break for the full rumored features.
Rumored BBM 6.0 features include:
- The ability to play games and use your BBM user name as your gamer name
- Cross chats between users over BBM (and it looks like you and the other parties playing don’t have to be on each other friends list)
- Also, when we complete tasks on these new games our status will change to show what task we completed (sounds like its similar to the “show what i am listening to tab” and will probably have an option to share with your BBM contacts or hide it from your contacts)
- It also seems like on BBM6, BBM groups will be able to handle more members
- The new BBM6 will be supported on all devices running OS 5+ (at least for now)
- Looks like a mobile game developer company by the name of “Gamemachi” is working on game(s) for this new BBM6 platform. I wonder who else will be joining them?
If these features are true, it means RIM is starting to focus on more consumer minded ideas. What do you think of these features? Would you want social gaming mixed into BBM? What new features would you like to see added to BBM?