BlackBerry and Porsche Design have announced the launch of the gorgeous P’9983 Graphite edition smartphone in Singapore.
The P’9983 Graphite, which was announced earlier this year, was first made available in Canada and Hong Kong. Check out the press release below:
Stuttgart/Singapore – Porsche Design and BlackBerry Limited (NASDAQ: BBRY; TSX: BB), a world leader in mobile communications, today launched the new Porsche Design P’9983 Graphite smartphone from BlackBerry® in Singapore. This new member to the P’9983 family will provide exclusive graphite-metallic colored elements and the finest, hand-wrapped leather on the back door cover. This new Porsche Design P’9983 Graphite smartphone from BlackBerry will combine a unique stylish design from an iconic, timeless brand with the fluid and effortless productivity experience of BlackBerry® 10 technology. The P’9983 Graphite smartphone from BlackBerry is exclusively designed by Porsche Design and engineered using the highest quality materials. Porsche Design has collaborated with BlackBerry to design a keyboard with an exclusive keypad with specially crafted glass-like keys with the durability of rigid synthetic material, plus blackened glass and a graphite stainless steel color frame. Finally, an exclusive Porsche Design PIN ID group – 2AAXXXXX, sets you apart and makes you instantly recognized among other Porsche Design users.
“The iconic styling of the new P’9983 Graphite from BlackBerry is technically inspired with longevity, integrity, and individuality at its core,” says Roland Heiler, Chief Design Officer of the Porsche Design Group. “And it will offer a new way to express individual style with the luxury of being one step ahead.”
“The P’9983 Graphite from BlackBerry was built especially for those who strive for success every day. This professional tool will deliver superior productivity, ultimate security and privacy as well as effective communication and collaboration,” said Ron Louks, President, Devices and Emerging Solutions at BlackBerry.
Bringing together timeless aesthetics with best-in-class security, the new Porsche Design P’9983 smartphone will offer the full benefits of the BlackBerry 10 platform, with key features such as:
- A revolution of the classic BlackBerry® QWERTY Keyboard – The unique, elegantly-designed BlackBerry QWERTY keyboard continues to provide the very best typing experience. The additional personalized auto-correction and next word suggestion help to type faster, more accurately and with less effort. This superior keyboard also has an exclusive keypad with specially crafted glass-like keys with the durability of rigid synthetic material.
- Secure communication and collaboration – BlackBerry brings world class security through BBM™ instant messaging for your business and personal needs, so you can feel safe in the knowledge all your communications are safe and secure.
- Unique PIN – The Porsche Design P’9983 Graphite smartphone from BlackBerry provides an exclusive Porsche Design PIN ID group – 2AAXXXXX that sets you apart and makes you instantly recognizable among other Porsche Design users.
- BlackBerry® Blend – BlackBerry Blend brings messaging and content that’s on your BlackBerry smartphone to your computer and tablet. Get instant notifications, read and respond to your work and personal messages, and access your documents, calendar, contacts and media in real time on whatever device you are on, powered by your BlackBerry.
- A Personal Assistant In The Palm Of Your Hand – BlackBerry® Assistant allows you to manage your work and personal email, contacts, calendar and other BlackBerry 10 features through both voice and text commands.
- BlackBerry® Hub – BlackBerry Hub is the one place to manage all your conversations and notifications. The BlackBerry Priority Hub intelligently filters messages to give you instant access to the conversations and content most essential to you, helping you stay organized and focused on the most important tasks. And with Instant Actions in the Hub you can quickly delete or file multiple messages.
- Exceptional battery performance – Battery power designed to keep up with you. BlackBerry is well known for amazing battery life. With an impressive 2100 mAh battery and optimization of power consumption in BlackBerry 10, the P’9983 Graphite delivers exceptional battery performance. Have peace of mind knowing you can be productive and in touch with people that matter when it matters.
- More ways to access apps – On BlackBerry 10, now you can discover and download both Android and BlackBerry apps. Access essential business and productivity apps through BlackBerry® World™ and your favorite Android apps and games with the Amazon Appstore.* Whether it’s for work, or play, we’ve got the apps for you.
Find your individual look with exclusive Porsche Design accessories that have been specially selected to perfectly complement your new P’9983 Graphite smartphone from BlackBerry. In the box, you will find everything you need including a premium stereo headset, an international charging kit, a polishing cloth and a USB cable for high-speed data transfer. You will be able to personalize your device with an exclusively hand-crafted back door, made from fine Italian leather. Choose from eight exquisite colors for a look that best suits you. Or protect your smartphone with an exclusive, custom-designed leather pocket. This case includes intuitive technology that helps preserve battery power, and an exclusive LED jewel message indicator.
The Porsche Design P’9983 Graphite smartphone from BlackBerry will be available from Porsche Design stores, select carriers and retailers around the world in the coming weeks. For more information about the new P’9983 Graphite from BlackBerry please visit www.blackberry.com/p9983.
*Android app support and compatibility will vary by smartphone and/or software version.
# # #
Forward-looking bar statements in this news release are made pursuant to the “safe harbor” provisions of the U.S. Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 and applicable Canadian securities laws. When used herein, words such as “expect”, “anticipate”, “estimate”, “may”, “will”, “should”, “intend”, “believe”, and similar expressions, are intended to identify forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements are based on estimates and assumptions made by BlackBerry Limited in light of its experience and its perception of historical trends, current conditions and expected future developments, as well as other factors that BlackBerry believes are appropriate in the circumstances. Many factors could cause BlackBerry’s actual results, performance or achievements to differ materially from those expressed or implied by the forward-looking statements, including those described in the “Risk Factors” section of BlackBerry’s Annual Information Form, which is included in its Annual Report on Form 40-F (copies of which filings may be obtained at www.sedar.com or www.sec.gov). These factors should be considered carefully, and readers should not place undue reliance on BlackBerry’s forward-looking statements. BlackBerry has no intention and undertakes no obligation to update or revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise, except as required by law.BlackBerry and related trademarks, names and logos are the property of BlackBerry Limited and are registered and/or used in the U.S. and countries around the world. All other marks are the property oftheir respective owners. BlackBerry is not responsible for any third-party products or services.
About Porsche Design
Porsche Design is a luxury brand and was founded in 1972 by Professor Ferdinand Alexander Porsche. The products represent functional, timeless and purist design, and boast an impressivelevel of innovation. All products are designed by the Porsche Design Studio and are sold around theworld in the brand’s own shops, as well as in franchises, concessions, high-end department stores, exclusive specialist retailers and in the official online store (www.porsche-design.com).