BlackBerry brought about their answer to BYOD by creating a secure work-space solution for competitor devices. Allowing iPads, iPhones, and Android devices to seamlessly gain access to the BES infrastructure gives BlackBerry a containerized way to offer their security heritage and proficiency to customers who may want to offer alternatives to their work force.
In an update today on the Business Blog, BlackBerry is expanding the wealth of applications available for secure use within their workspace on iOS and Android.
If you haven’t seen, here is the Secure Workspace in action:
- Blend for Sector: Apparound BLEND for SECTOR is a cloud-based mobile productivity suite for your sales team to optimize complex product selling and quotation processes – Download for Android
- Breezy for Sector: Breezy for SECTOR makes mobile printing easy by giving users secure access to any company from any BYOD or corporate owned mobile device – Download for iOS
- ISEC7 Mobility for SAP for SECTOR: Provides secure mobile access to SAP® CRM, SAP® ERP and different SAP® Workflows for Sales, Service technicians and management – Download foriOS and Android
- Fliplet Viewer for SECTOR: An enterprise platform that allows you to quickly create and deploy as many apps as you want across your organization with no technical skills required –Download for iOS
- Daily Notes + Tasks for SECTOR: A lean and simple notes taking and task management app – Download for iOS
- hand-e-pix for SECTOR: Uses innovative technology within the latest mobile devices to capture and share photographs or video which are time and date stamped and geo-tagged –Download for Android
- MySmartKey for SECTOR: Communicates directly and securely with SmartSafe Vault over a local Wi-Fi network (SmartMode) to encrypt and decrypt files – Download for Android
- SalesNOW CRM for SECTOR: A contact and deal management tool designed for the mobile sales professional to use – Download for Android
- SignNow for SECTOR: Makes it easy to sign documents anywhere or get anyone’s signature without having to worry about printing, scanning, or faxing – Download for iOS
- Sector SME Cloud File Manager: Based on SME’s Android Cloud File Manager, which is the Android client for Storage Made Easy’s private Enterprise File Share and Sync Solution –Download for Android
- MindLink for SECTOR: A collaboration platform that provides access to Presence, Instant Messaging and Persistent Group Chat leveraging Microsoft Lync™ – Download for iOS
- Splashtop for SECTOR: Based on Splashtop Enterprise, which mobilizes corporate applications and desktops instantly. Splashtop for SECTOR is integrated with BlackBerry Secure Work Space to support BYOD – Download for Android
- iOS and Android for SECTOR: Provides full-featured, enterprise-grade access to Office 365 and SharePoint, for document and social collaboration on the go – Download for
- Box for SECTOR: Simplies online file storage, replaces FTP and connects teams in online workspaces – Download for iOS
- iAnnotate Enterprise for SECTOR: Read. Markup. Share. iAnnotate turns your mobile device into a world-class productivity tool for reading, marking up, and sharing PDFs, Word documents, PowerPoint files, and images. Designed for enterprise clients, iAnnotate Enterprise combines annotation features with configurable security options from an easy-to-use web based administration console – Download for iOS
The move underscores how flexible BlackBerry has become as they transition toward a stronger software offering. Working with OpenPeak to authorize their SECTOR enterprise app network for use within the BlackBerry Secure Workspace will definitely open the door for further support of enterprise customers under BES using Apple, Google, (and soon Windows Phone) products.
The apps listed above are fairly popular cross platform, many have native alternatives on BlackBerry 10 already.
BlackBerry Business Blog