How would you like to fly a drone with your BlackBerry PlayBook or BlackBerry 10 smartphone? That’s exactly what Sky Drone is looking to create with its long range digital HD video FPV solution for an Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV).
Sky Drone seeks to revolutionize the UAV market with its innovative software coupled with industry standard hardware. BlackBerry’s own VP of Developer Relations and Ecosystems Management, Alec Saunders, is one of the many funders.
Sky Drone’s FPV solution plans to offer:
- Full HD Digital Video (up to 1920*1080 with 30 fps)
- Unlimited Range by using 3G or 4G/LTE networks
- FPV Groundstation app that is available on all major smartphone/tablet platforms: iOS, Android, BlackBerry 10 and BlackBerry PlayBook
- On Screen Display (OSD) incl. Head-Up Display (HUD) (only if connected to a MAVLink compatible Autopilot Board like APM)
- Unique Feature: take 5 MegaPixel HQ Still Images that are instantly transmitted to the app (while the video is still running of course)
- Automatic and instant Bandwidth Adaptation
- No regulatory / frequency issues as it uses a standard 3G/4G link
- No more antenna tracking or heavy equipment – the only ground equipment you need for FPV video is your smartphone or tablet.
- Optional: just connect any standard HDMI Video goggle to your smartphone / tablet and immerse yourself into Full HD FPV flying (Note: we even have Oculus Rift support as one of our Stretch Goals)
- AES-256 Encryption – nobody will be able to spy on your Video Stream, not even the NSA 😉
You too can help fund the Sky Drone project on Indiegogo with your own investment for as little as $1, or up to nearly $7,000 for largest wholesale pack. Check out the video on Sky Drone below: