ReFocus Tech announced the release of their new Bolt – Fast Reader for all BlackBerry 10 devices, including the Classic and Passport. The app focuses on bringing its users a completely focused reading experience, letting get your content faster on any device, no matter the screen size.
These are the features:
- Easily share text from anywhere to Bolt and instantly start Fast Reading.
- Share a word to Bolt, and it will give you the definition, usage examples and more
- Save a text/document for reading later
- Pronounce words in 5 different languages (English, Spanish, French, German and Italian)
- Directly read text that is currently on the clipboard
- Change the WPM (Words per minute) speed to read at a comfortable pace
- Smart Reading Algorithm which automatically knows when to slow down and when to speed up
- Gives progress of the documents currently being read to keep a track of your reading
- Gives time required for reading the selected document
- Play/Pause/Next/Prev Controls to navigate around in the document
- Smart adjustment of focal point
- Save words in a personal Dictionary for later use
- Links to a selected words’ Wikipedia and Urban Dictionary pages
- Clean and minimal UI/UX optimized especially for fast reading
- Supports BlackBerry Z10, Z30, Z3, Q10, Q5, Classic and Passport
Get Bolt – Fast Reader from BlackBerry World for just $1.99
Press Release below
Pune, India (November 18th, 2014) – Today ReFocus Tech announced the release of BOLT for all BlackBerry 10 devices. Bolt is the best way to engage with content in the digital age. The app delivers a completely focused reading experience and helps readers get their content faster – with less effort and across any device or screen size keeping the BlackBerry 10 experience in mind.
Bolt is a MUST HAVE app, especially for BlackBerry 10 power users who receive and read lots of emails, documents, memos, messages and walls of texts.
Bolt uses Fast Reading Technology which has been proven to improve reading rates by up to 270%. The concept is that, instead of you moving your eyes to read the words, the words come in front of your eyes at a fixed focal point – that makes it easier and faster for you to read. The reading mode has options to play, pause, navigate through words, and reset a document to the beginning.
Apart from being a fast reader, Bolt has an inbuilt dictionary which lets you save any word that you want to it. It will provide definitions, use cases and lets you hear a pronunciation for that word in 5 different languages. You can even check out that word’s Wikipedia and UrbanDictionary page directly though the app. Sharing a word to Bolt directly opens the dictionary page – ideally making it much faster to use than any traditional dictionary apps.
There are 2 ways to get your required text into Bolt-
1. Select the text, and directly ‘Share’ it to Bolt
2. Copy the selected text to your clipboard, and select the ‘Clipboard’ button the next time you open Bolt 3. Once the text is ready to go in Bolt you can give it a name (optional) so that you remember it for later. You can select ‘Read now’ to immediately start reading the text, or ‘Read Later’ to save it in your list of documents.
1. Tapping the ‘Play’ button will start reading the document in Fast Reader mode. You will notice that words will come and go. The speed depends on the WPM Selected in the options as well as our Smart Reading Algorithm that gives pauses wherever necessary.
2. You can ‘Pause’ the reading at any time. While paused you may navigate ahead or behind in the current document using the Arrow buttons on the bottom of the screen.
You may also ‘Refresh’ the document to the beginning.
- Sharing a single word to Bolt directly opens the dictionary. Alternatively, pausing the Fast Reader and tapping the ‘Meaning’ button will also add it to the dictionary
- The dictionary gives you the following information about a word –
- The type of Speech
- The definition
- Examples of use
- Link to the word’s Wikipedia and UrbanDictionary page
- Pronunciations can be done in 5 languages – English, Spanish, French, German and Italian. These can be set in the options menu.