If you’re planning to attend the Toronto International Film Festival, you should check out the BlackBerry Experience. The BlackBerry Experience is a hub where TIFF movie-goers can learn about going-ons at the Festival, recharge their BlackBerry smartphones, win prizes, and interact with the latest BlackBerry 10 smartphones, including the new BlackBerry Q5. Visitors can also vote for the BlackBerry People’s Choice Awards at on-site ballot boxes.
Like the BlackBerry 10 smartphones, the hub is designed to keep people informed and on the move. Visitors can find up-to-date screening information and participate in numerous exciting activities including the following:
- Power up at the Recharge Lounge, where you can also check into the lounge on Foursquare for a chance to win prizes
- Vote for the BlackBerry People’s Choice Awards at on-site ballot boxes
- Recreate scenes from iconic movies with BlackBerry Story Maker and share with friends on social networks
- Use the official BlackBerry-optimized TIFF app to watch trailers, browse film schedules and descriptions, and find Festival venues on an interactive map
- Buy BlackBerry smartphone accessories
- Choose limited edition keepsake movie posters at the Customization Station
The BlackBerry Experience will also be hosting a number of free interactive speaking sessions, open to the public. This series will share key learnings and insights into the production, funding, and digital innovations of film as presented by successful and award-winning industry leaders. Topics include digital distribution, crowdfunding, Q&A session with Mike Dowse (director) and Elan Mastai (screenwriter) of The F Word, and an open conversation with Paul Haggis (screenwriter) for Million Dollar Baby and Crash.
Street teams will roam the Festival in the BlackBerry DEMObile vehicle to promote the TIFF app and help filmgoers vote for the BlackBerry People’s Choice Award as well as have a chance to win exclusive giveaways, app downloads and Festival tickets.
The BlackBerry Experience at TIFF Festival showcases BlackBerry’s passion for film and ambition at one of Canada’s most important cultural festivals. The centre is located at the Great Gulf Showroom at King and Peter, adjacent to the Hyatt Toronto and a short walk away from the TIFF Bell Lightbox.
For information on how to vote for the BlackBerry People’s Choice Awards, the official TIFF 2013 app for BlackBerry, and the TIFF BBM Channel, visit http://ca.blackberry.com/