Clash of Clans is due for a big update, the Town Hall 11 update, Supercell hinted numerous changes to shields, base defence and trophies features along with many others that are to be released with the new update. The new update will surely change the way the game is played, however not all changes are welcomed by Clash of Clans fans around the world. Jonas, a Clash of Clans developer, gave an interview to provide general details about the update and reasons behind it, this may also be directed for those who were not very keen about the changes which are due to take place with the new update to clear things up. Jonas believes that the new update will make the game easier to play the game and it will be a long-term effort to make the game better and keep its players happy.
One of the reasons for the update is that ‘Town hall shields’ work are making players want to ‘vanish’ to protect their base, and he pointed out that the issue of farming will not change as much as people think it will, as many users have taken their reaction to reddit and other forums claiming that farming will pretty much die after the update.
See the link below for Q&A youtube interview that discusses trophies, defense bonuses, arranged wars, the future of Clan Wars, and much more.
1:02 – Why make these complex changes?
7:51 – What is going to happen with farming/is farming dead?
12:27 – Clearing up personal break changes!
15:51 – Possibility of victorious defense bonus?
16:49 – Focusing only on trophy pushers this update?
18:44 – Is it going to be harder to find bases now?
21:16 – Are defenseless bases obsolete?
24:36 – Arranged wars & future of Clan Wars
29:05 – Final words from Jonas
Below is the list of details that released in the official Forum post on how the new Town Hall 11 update affects several features of Clash of Clans’ Shields, Village Guard, Personal Break Timer, Loot, League Bonus, Trophy Rebalancing features.
- No shield given from Town Hall destruction
- [UPDATED] No shield given if attacker does not deploy at least 1/3rd of a full army
- Full army: Maximum possible space of Army Camp and Heroes (weighted x25 space) of defender TH level
Attacking Through Shield Update:
- Can now enter Multiplayer matchmaking or Revenge without affecting shield
- Executing Multiplayer or Revenge attack while shielded deducts 3 hours of shield
- Additional attacks in the same shield deduct more hours (4, 5, 6, 8, 10, 12 hours)
- Shields can be dismissed manually (to intentionally take a defense)
Village Guard Update:
- Village Guard prevents you from being attacked while shield is down
- Can go online, offline and attack with no penalty under Village Guard
- Free Village Guard activates when a shield expires:
- Titan I / Legend League: 3 hours free Village Guard
- Titan II League: 2 hours free Village Guard
- Titan III League: 1 hour free Village Guard
- [UPDATED] Champion League (all levels): 30 minutes free Village Guard
- Master I League and below: 15 minutes free Village Guard
Personal Break Timer (PBT) Update:
- PBT is 3 hours: forced offline for 6 minutes after 3 hours cumulative online time without shield
- PBT resets when gaining shield, or in other reset cases below
- Buying 2-hour Village Guard from shop extends current PBT by 2 hours
- PBT paused during server maintenance, but not reset
PBT reset cases Update:
- After defense with shield: Full PBT reset
- After a defense without shield OR 6-minute PBT kickout without defense: PBT extended (+15 minutes to PBT, +15 minutes Village Guard)
- After 2nd consecutive defense without shield OR 6-minute PBT kickout without defense: PBT extended (+15 minutes to PBT, +15 minutes Village Guard)
- After 3rd consecutive defense without shield OR 6-minute PBT kickout without defense: Full PBT reset + Free Village Guard based on League
- After 3 hours consecutive offline time without defense: Full PBT reset (no Village Guard given)
- Town Hall contains much more loot (shares available loot with storages)
- Town Hall has loot worth of 1 Gold & Elixir Storage + 1/4th Dark Elixir Storage
- Town Hall and Clan Castle count as resource buildings – Goblins will attack them for x2 damage
- Available loot % slightly increased for TH6 through TH10
- Available loot reduced for attacking one TH level lower
League Bonus Update:
- All League Bonuses increased
- League Bonuses is now progressive, from 0% to 100%, based on destruction percentage
- 100% League Bonus earned at 70% destruction
Trophy Rebalancing Update:
- Trophy offers from lower players increase with League level (from +1 minimum at Bronze to +6 minimum at Titan 1 and Legend)
- Trophy offers from higher players decrease with League level (e.g. from +56 at Bronze to +48 at Titan 1 and Legend)
[NEW] Other Changes and Updates:
- All trap rearm costs massively reduced (~75% rearm cost reduction on average of all traps)
- X-Bow reload costs massively reduced (~70% reload cost reduction for all levels)
- Time until you can be attacked after going offline increased from 1 minute to 5 minutes (to help cases of accidentally going offline)