RIM has just pushed out Desktop Manager v2.2 for Mac in the BlackBerry Beta Zone. You must have Mac OSX 10.5.7 or higher to use this version of Desktop Manager.
Features In Focus
You can now preview and test some of the features and improvements that are currently available in our beta software with your BlackBerry smartphone and tablet. We ask that you please focus your use and testing in the following areas:
- Installation: Were you able to successfully install the software on your Mac? Were you satisfied with the time it took to complete the full installation?
- Device Summary Screen: Does the software recognize your device and provide the information you expect to see? What do you think of the design and usability of this screen?
- Organizer: Synchronize your personal data (Calendar, Contacts, Notes, Tasks) between your BlackBerry smartphone and Mac.
- Backup and Restore: Automatically or manually backup and restore your data, or clear content. In addition to your BlackBerry smartphone, Backup & Restore your PlayBook!
- Applications: Add or remove applications on your device and update your software using the ‘Check for Updates’ option.
- Media Sync: Synchronize your music, pictures and videos with your BlackBerry smartphone or PlayBook.