They say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. Some might think otherwise and call it grounds for copyright infringement. Korean company Digimac seems to have taken a liking to the ornamental design of the BlackBerry Z10.
The latest smartphone from Digimac bears a striking resemblance to the Z10. However, Digimac’s smartphone have buttons and runs Android.
The Digimac smartphone specs:
- Processor: 1Ghz Processor (Cortex A9 Processor)
- Display: 4″ IPS FWVGA Screen (480X854)
- Touch Screen: Full Capasitive Screen
- Android OS: Android 4.0 (ICS)
- RAM: 512 MB
- Internal storage: 512 MB (130MB free for use)
- SD Card Support: 32GB external Micro SD Card support
- Camera: Enhanced 5MP Camera (2 MP Real) with flash light
- Front Digital Camera for Video Calling
- Battery: 1350 mAh Battery (120hrs Standby 8hrs Talktime)
- Connectivity: EDGE / GPRS , GSM: 900/1800 MHz , Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n
- Other Key Features: Dual Sim Dual Standby, 720p Video Playback Wifi Direct, Wifi hotspot, Call recorder Video Wallpaper
Fakes and imitations of BlackBerry devices isn’t new. There are plenty of Chinese Z10 fakes, like this one. Though, the Digimac ripoff seems to be more established than a Chinese fake. Do you think BlackBerry should take legal actions against these design squatters?