An 11yr old boy in the UK now has serious burns to his legs and feet after his brothers new BlackBerry Curve 9320 apparently spontaneously combusted. The flames quickly engulfed his bed, causing some of the plastic to melt into his legs.

Kian McCreath said, “It was really scary. I woke up with my legs in a fire at the bottom of my bed. I’m also having problems sleeping at night.”

“You wouldn’t think something so small could do so much damage – my son could quite easily have died. It sends a shudder down my spine to think what could have happened,“ said Kian’s mother.

The family is now demanding that BlackBerry Curve 9320s are recalled and pulled from store shelves before the holidays. Both local trading standards officials and Research In Motion are investigating the incident.

via Telegraph




WHAT'S HAPPENING IN OUR COMMUNITY:

Close
Recent Activity
Lucas Atkinshas published a new post."BlackBerry OS 10.3.2.858 from Verizon Seeding to Z30, Z10, Q10"
8 hours ago
Lucas Atkinshas published a new post."BlackBerry 'Dallas' Headed to Singapore and Malaysia?"
8 hours ago
Lucas Atkinshas updated a post."BlackBerry Oslo Photos and Specs"
8 hours ago
Ninja Wit Attitudehas published a new topic."OS Update for Verizon"
12 hours ago