Mobiata let us know that they have updated FlightTrack to v4.0, which brings a completely revamped UI and several new features (included below in a quick snapshot). To date, FlightTrack has been downloaded over 1 million times across all platforms and growing.
- Completely new UI
- Calendar integration: Saved flights can be automatically added to the calendar of your choice.
- Sharing: Share flight status information with friends and family via email, Facebook, Twitter and SMS.
- Support for BIS connectivity
- Additional flight status information: new displays provide visualization of flight schedule details, historical delay information, and flight progress in both time and distance.
- Search for alternate flights. Flight delays? The app will let you quickly find alternate flights so that you know your options when you call the airline to make changes.
- Access seat maps from SeatGuru. Trying to choose a seat? Quickly access the seat map for your flight and determine which is the best seat available.
- Call the airline directly from the app. No more fumbling to find the airline’s number.
- Add notes to flights. Log important details like confirmation numbers, parking spots, seat assignments or anything else you like.
- User interface customization. Change the flight sort order, unit system and default map type to fit your personal preferences.
- Smarter data access helps reduce data usage and battery consumption
- Performance when displaying long flight lists and search results
- Thousands more airports added
- More complete information on diverted flights