Fishlabs announces its award-winning sci-fi space shooter Galaxy on Fire 2™ HD for the BlackBerry PlayBook
BlackBerry World 2012, Orlando, FL, USA / Hamburg, Germany – May 2nd, 2012 – A leader in open-world mobile sci-fi gaming is coming to the BlackBerry® platform: At the BlackBerry World™ keynote yesterday, Galaxy on Fire 2™ HD was demoed live on stage on the BlackBerry® PlayBook™ tablet. Fishlabs Entertainment plans to release its high-end flagship title for the BlackBerry PlayBook on BlackBerry App World™ at the end of May.
“Thanks to the straight forward developer tools, the solid operating system and the premium quality hardware, it took us only one day to get a first version running on the BlackBerry PlayBook. It also took only three lines of code to implement the full audio features through the audio middleware fmod available on the BlackBerry PlayBook OS,” says Michael Schade, CEO of Fishlabs Entertainment. “We are extremely excited to be releasing our flagship title on the PlayBook at end of this month. With the tight integration of BlackBerry App World and its premium user base we would not be surprised that BlackBerry becomes one of our most important platforms in a very short time.”
”The gaming category on BlackBerry App World is consistently one of the top categories and we think Fishlabs games will be very well received amongst BlackBerry users,” said Martyn Mallick, Vice President, GLOBAL Alliances and Business Development at Research In Motion. “Fishlabs apps are stunning and rich and we’re thrilled that they will be launching soon for the BlackBerry PlayBook.”
With elaborate 3D assets for all space crafts, space stations and carefully painted space backgrounds in high definition as well as spectacular post-, explosion- and special effects, Galaxy on Fire 2™ HD will bring an amazing gaming experience to the BlackBerry gaming community as well. Since its debut in October 2011, the complete graphical overhaul of Fishlabs’ popular outer space adventure has been a great success on iOS with users all over the world giving it 5-star-ratings as well as writing glowing reviews for the outstanding visual quality and extraordinary gaming experience. The title has also been listed as an ambassador for AAA gaming on the new iPad on IGN, PocketGamer, Toucharcade and other leading gaming sites.
About Galaxy on Fire 2™ HD:
Features of Galaxy on Fire 2™ HD:
• All 3D models rebuilt from scratch for console-quality visuals and a crystal-clear gaming experience on the BlackBerry PlayBook
• Assets, such as jump gates and asteroids, feature even more textures and up to four-times the original resolution
• Individual texture sets for all 30 spaceships including diffuse, normal, and specular maps in High Definition
• Enhanced background images and resolution on space environments and planets for a crystal-clear gaming experience on the BlackBerry PlayBook
• Additional OpenGL shaders and post effects as well as heavily revised explosion, engine flare and muzzle flash special effects