BlackBerry announced today the release of BBM 2.0 for the iPhone and Android devices. The new update gives iPhone and Android users access to brand new features including BBM Channels and BBM Voice. This new app update makes connecting with friends, work colleagues and family easier and better than ever. New features include:
- BBM Voice: Android and iPhone users can now make free voice calls to BBM contacts over a WiFi or data connection
- BBM Channels: iPhone and Android users now have access to BBM Channels – active, real conversations between people, brands and communities; users can create a new channel or subscribe to an existing BBM channel to join chats with others who share similar interests
- One-Click Sharing: BBM users on Android, iPhone and BlackBerry devices have access to fast one-click sharing of photos, documents, voice notes and more
- DropBox Integration: Built-in support for Dropbox with the BBM app makes it easy to send large files like presentations and videos; send files from your personal cloud directly to a BBM contact and save files directly to your smartphone or add it to your Dropbox account
- New Emoticons: BBM users will be able to choose from 100 new emoticons
- Location Sharing: BBM users can choose to share their live location for a specified amount of time to other BBM contacts, powered by Glympse
Check out all of the new features of BBM 2.0 for the iPhone and Android devices in the video above.