BlackBerry Priv has what BB10 didn’t – Icon packs. This is something a lot of people missed having on BlackBerry 10, which didn’t offer a lot in terms of themes and visual customization.
Those that have shifted to the BlackBerry Priv are happy that Android supports themes and there’s plenty of customization available.
Every app has an icon but now you’re not stuck with the same icon the app came with. You can now change the icons with the help of Icon packs. You can change the look of your Priv by using the launchers and icon packs you like. You can even use your own pictures as icons.
Why would you want to do that?
Lots of reasons! How about changing themes and icons to suit your mood? How about not letting others know what apps you’re using? Well, it can be a lot of fun.
BlackBerry Priv Launcher
Your new BlackBerry Priv comes with the default BlackBerry Launcher. You also get a bevy of pre-loaded keyboard shortcuts with the default launcher.
It’s very easy to change the launcher but when you do, you will lose the keyboard shortcuts too.
An easy way out would be to keep the default BlackBerry Launcher and just change the icons.
Changing the Icon pack on BlackBerry Priv Default Launcher
- Download your choice of icon pack from the Google Play Store.
- Open the App Drawer. It’s the small white circle with six dots at the bottom of the Priv screen.
- Tap the wheel/gear icon at the top right of the screen.
- Once on the BlackBerry Launcher Settings screen, select Icon pack.
- Here you will find all the Icon packs you’ve downloaded, including the default system icon pack. On this screen, you will also find a link to Google Play Store, if you want to look for more icon packs.
- Just choose the icon pack you want to use
If you’re retaining Priv’s default launcher, changing the icon pack is easy and just takes a few moments. You will have a beautiful looking Homescreen with all your shortcuts intact.