KartaMobile let us know that they have released v3.0 of the popular Viira BlackBerry app. The new update brings a suite of new productivity enhancements. The new features in Viira 3.0:
- In-Basket: Designed specifically for the collection phase of Getting Things Done, Viira’s In-Basket provides a convenient place to quickly enter a number of tasks, ideas and reminders. All tasks, native tasks, email and SMS tasks that have not been assigned a project, context or day will appear in the In-Basket.
- Search.Quickly find the task that you were looking from Viira’s Tasks View with Viira’s fast search.
- Reminders. Many of you have asked for the ability to add a reminder to a particular task, and we are happy to bring this feature to you! Although David Allen warns against relying too heavily on reminders in your GTD system, if used properly they can be a powerful ogranizational tool.
- BlackBerry Tasks integration: Viira loads all tasks from your BlackBerry’s native Tasks application in the In-Basket from where you can further assign then to a project, context or day.
- Hide Completed. Hide all completed tasks and focus on what remains to get done. Hide completed is available from all of Viira’s views and all your completed tasks will appear once again when you select “Show Completed”.
- Quick new project/context creation: Have you ever started entering a task only to realise that the project or context you want to classify it under has not been created yet? With Viira 3 you can quickly create a new project or context right from the new task editor without having to switch views!
- And more! Viira 3.0 contains a number of other smaller enhancements, too numerous to list here.
Viira 3 comes with a free trial, is supported on all modern BB devices, including the Torch and buyers of Viira 2 can upgrade for only $19.99.