Best Buy Mobile offered a backup service for smartphones called mIQ. It was a pretty popular service as it was free. However, Best Buy Mobile will soon be discontinuing the service. Here’s the message Best Buy Mobile is relaying to customers:
We will be discontinuing the mIQ service as we continue to focus on new tools for end users. This change will be effective February 15, 2012.ADVERTISEMENT
As you know, much has changed in the world of mobile technology since this service launched two years ago. Platforms and operating systems have launched and evolved, transforming the end-user’s experience and need for new and differentiated tools. That requires us to adapt our tools and value propositions as well.
What does this mean to you, our customer?
- New users: Effective immediately, mIQ is unavailable for new users.
- Current users:
- For the time being, current mIQ customers can continue to utilize the tool. However, all users must transition off of the system by February 15, 2012. Until then, users may continue to direct questions or concerns to mIQ Customer Care at[email protected]
- We highly recommend you perform the following tasks prior to February 15, 2012:
- 1. Ensure you have downloaded any pictures and content from the www.miqlive.com website to your computer
- 2. Uninstall the mIQ application from your mobile device.
Our team remains committed to developing and launching new tools that will enhance the mobile experience for its customers. Look for new value propositions and offerings in the coming months.
The m:IQ Team