OnePlus dropped the first updated for the anticipated OnePlus2 device today. The update is delivered to owner’s devices over the air and went out earlier today. In a post on their forums, OnePlus highlighted many improvements to the code to help boost performance and improve the GUI. They also touted an increase to battery life. It also includes a hotfix to address the MMS exploit in Android known as the Stagefright bug. While not unique to the OnePlus2, it is a critical update nonetheless. The update will begin roll-out in India and follow in other countries after that.
Some features included in the update are:
- Added a patch for the Stagefright security exploit
- Improves battery performance
- Improves user interface logic and coherence
- Fixed an issue with pinch-to-zoom in Google Photos
- Fixed an issue where Dark Mode would cause instability in certain apps
- Fixed an issue related to import/export of contacts stored on SIM card
- Additional support for global carrier APNs
- Other improvements and bug fixes
If you’re using a OnePlus device, be sure to download their update to the Oxygen OS to address the stagefright bug.