Research In Motion is constantly issuing Knowledge Base articles to help users get the most out of their BlackBerry devices. The latest article shows how you can pair a BlackBerry smartphone to a Mac computer using Bluetooth. You can do so by the following:
To use Bluetooth® technology to pair a BlackBerry smartphone with a Mac computer, complete the following steps:
- Open System Preferences on the Mac computer and select Bluetooth.Note: To have the Bluetooth icon appear on the menu bar of the Mac computer, select Show Bluetooth status in the menu bar.
- Click the + button.
- Click Continue on the Bluetooth Setup Assistant Welcome screen.
- On the Select Device Type screen, select Mobile Phone from the list, then click Continue.
- On the Bluetooth Mobile Phone Setup screen, wait until the Mac computer completes a search of Bluetooth devices within range, then select the BlackBerry smartphone from the list and clickContinue.
- When the Mac computer completes gathering information about the BlackBerry smartphone, clickContinue.
- When prompted to Enter numeric passkey for <Mac Name>, type the passkey that is displayed on the Bluetooth Setup Assistant.Note: There is a limited amount of time for this step. If necessary, click Continue and then try again.
- When prompted to Accept connection request from <Mac Name>, click Yes.
- Click Quit.
You can also then configure your BlackBerry smartphone to trust connections from the Mac computer.
- On the Home screen of the BlackBerry smartphone, click Options and select the Bluetoothoption.
- In the Paired Devices area, select the connection to the Mac computer. Then, press the Menukey and select Device Properties.
- Select the Trusted option and set it to Yes.
- Press the Escape key and select Save.