BlackBerry Jam Americas is only 2 weeks away and now is your time to vote for your favorite BlackBerry developer. RIM has announced the 2012 BlackBerry Developer Community Awards, a community-based recognition program that relies on you.
There are six categories to nominate your favorite developer. The finalists will be selected on September 18th and polls will be opened for voting. The winners will then be announced on September 26th. The awarding ceremony will take place at the BlackBerry Jam Americas TweetUp, located in the BlackBerry Social Lounge from 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM.
Here are the categories:
- Must-Follow BlackBerry Developer on Twitter
- Must-Read BlackBerry Developer Blog
- Must-See BlackBerry Developer Evangelist
- Most Helpful BlackBerry Team Member on Twitter
- Most Helpful Contributor to the BlackBerry Developer Forums
- Best Open Source Contribution
Here’s how to nominate:
- Through the online form, or
- via Twitter. (Just send a tweet that mentions @BlackBerryDev, the #BBDevAwards hashtag, and the category.)
And here’s the timeline:
- Now – September 16th: Open nominations
- September 18th – September 25th: Open voting
- September 26th: Winners announced at BlackBerry Jam Americas TweetUp
If you have any further questions or for more details check out the BlackBerry Developers Blog post on it here. Now go start nominating your favorite developers!