Thinking about getting your mixing and mashing on? At this past BlackBerry World we saw Pacemaker debut their DJ app and the Martinez Brothers even used it for the Universal Studios party. Is it really that good of a DJ app? Pacemaker comes in two version: full priced at $19.99 and Lite priced at $4.99.
Some features of the full version include:
- Auto beatmatch – Instantly sync tempo and phase of two tracks by clicking the Sync button.
- Scratch – Put the needle on the record and scratch like the Grandmaster.
- Time stretch – Alter and set the tempo of a track ± 100% without affecting pitch/key.
- Pitch speed – Alter track tempo ± 100% and pitch/key ± one octave in parallel.
- Pitch bend – Nudge a track into phase.
- Loop – Create synchronized loops on the fly; set and adjust in-point and/or end-point, split from in-point or end-point, double from in-point or end-point, exit loop and re-loop.
- Loop travel – Turn on Loop travel and hear the funky sound of a small loop traveling along the sound wave.
- Reverse – Flip playback direction
- Cue play – Play track from cue point and revert to cue point when releasing cue button.
- Set cue point – Search and define starting point of a track with precise control.
- DJ pause – A stuttering micro loop lets you listen, search and set cue point.
- FX – Add and adjust single parameter audio effect Hi-cut/Lo-cut ± 1.0.
- Beat FX – Add and adjust two-parameter audio effects Echo and Roll to dry/wet + 0–100% and Beat at 1/8-8, and Reverb to dry/wet and size to + 0–100%.
- Kill-all – Instantly mute or re-engage activated audio effects.
- Track EQ – Temporarily adjust equalization of loaded tracks.
- Crossfader – Dynamically a