RIM has announced that in the upcoming months they will be rolling out a new payment service to help enhance the distribution of apps via App World. Here are some of the new service’s features:
- A seamless transaction for customers to deal directly with Research In Motion E-Commerce which improves the overall experience, provides a simplified and flexible payment process and in turn drives customer loyalty
- Enable a wider variety of payment types to tailor and personalize how customers buy products and services demonstrating that we understand and cater to their needs
- Research In Motion E-Commerce will bring new and innovative payment types to customers increasing their choice, flexibility and ease of transacting
- All transaction history will be maintained by Research In Motion E-Commerce allowing customers to re-download purchased items and enabling management of customer concerns and questions effectively
- Facilitate compliance with the tax requirements of many countries
This new service will make things a lot easier for vendors and buyers, specially with the new “re-download purchashed items” feature. Let us know what you think in the comments below!