BlackBerry is recruiting a Design Engineer / Electronics Engineer. Based in Cambridge, it is a permanent full-time roles. The salary is “Competitive + bonus + benefits”.
As an FPGA Engineer, you will assist in the development of prototyping and verification systems for cellular modems and systems. These systems include both FPGA platforms and final ASIC target devices with considerable system complexity and high speed data interfaces.
You will be a member of the Cambridge based wireless hardware development team with the following responsibilities:
- Schematic development for FPGA based test systems and boards.
- Prototype board bring-up and debug.
- Synthesis and fitting of complex designs into FPGAs.
- Creation of FPGA interfacing logic for external system interfaces (e.g RF and data interfaces).
This role will suit a candidate who is capable and keen to expand further into ASIC design since there is considerable overlap into this process.
The person will be required to be a team player, well organized, logical, have excellent communication skills and be determined to succeed, with the ability to work on their own initiative and have the aptitude to expand the knowledge base.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in Electronic Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Comprehensive relevant industry work experience in schematic design and board development for high speed digital systems.
- Experience with the complete FPGA design flow (Altera preferrred).
- Experience of RTL coding in VHDL or Verilog for FPGA synthesis.
- Experience with hardware lab equipment including oscilloscope, logic analyzers, spectrum analyzers, etc.
- Experience in C programming.
- Hardware and software debugging skills.
- Ability to quickly adapt to new situations and constraints.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills: a real team player.
- A desire to work in a small, fast paced, innovative environment.
Apply for these positions here.