Research In Motion announced today they will report their third quarter fiscal 2012 results on December 15th. Some of the highlights from their second quarter fiscal results include:
- Revenue in the second quarter was $4.2 billion and service revenue surpassed $1 billion for the first time
- GAAP net income of $329 million or $0.63 per fully diluted share; adjusted net income of $419 million or $0.80 per fully diluted share
- The BlackBerry subscriber base grew 40% year over year to surpass 70 million
- RIM’s largest roll-out of BlackBerry smartphones was initiated with 7 new smartphones launched with over 90 carrier and distribution partners in 30 countries during the latter part of Q2
- Approximately $780 million was invested as part of a consortium of companies that successfully bid to acquire intellectual property assets from Nortel
- BlackBerry smartphone shipments in Q3 are estimated to grow between 27-37% over Q2 shipments
It will be quite interesting to see what the results are and if BlackBerry 7 devices have had much of an impact. The results will be reported at 5pm EST on Thursday, December 15th. View more details of the event here.