Electric Pocket has just posted a very nice update to the BlackBerry version of Ringtone Remix, including:
- Significant improvement in speed – eliminating any lag-time when ringtones are played.
- Even more degrees of zoom on the waveform so users can better fine-tune which sections of songs they wish to use as their ringtones
- A new song picker to make it easier to find and select the tune you want to turn into a ringtone.
Ringtone Remix offers BlackBerry users a fun, attractive and simple-to-use interface for creating a free ringtone collection from the music they already own. With Ringtone Remix, BlackBerry users can:
- Choose any song from a music collection to use as a ringtone for callers, alerts, and even reminder tones from Electric Pocket’s famous BugMe! sticky note app
- Zoom in and choose their favorite part of the song to use as the tone
- Pick any MP3 or M4A (non-DRM) tracks to transform into ringtones
- Preview tones to hear how they will loop
Creating ringtones with Ringtone Remix is easy. Users simply pick a track, select the section they want from the real music waveform, then save the tone. Ringtone Remix offers a zoomable waveform showing the selected music track. To pick the exact piece of the track, the user simply slides the start and end sliders into position and presses the “Save” button.