To update OS in our BlackBerry Device You have to:
a) Download the newest BlackBerry Desktop Manager from BlackBerry site
b) Download OS of our choise for our device (IMPORTANT: you can’t install OS not specified for your device, even if they are from the same family, like ‘Curve’). The newest OS can be (of course) downloaded from N4BB.COM
IMPORTANT! There is no need to download your carrier (branding) specified OS and updating with it doesen’t do anything with your phone simlock.
c) Install downloaded .exe file on your PC
d) From the path C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader (disk letter depends on where you have your Desktop Manager installed) delete file “vendor.xml”
e) Connect Your BlackBerry to PC using USB cable
IMPORTANT! During OS update mass storage mode should be TURNED OFF
f) Run Desktop Manager – it should detect new OS automaticly
g)Fallow the steps on the screen
Remeber to make backup before updating – if You won’t do this You will lost all Your data!
h) Be patient – rebooting after OS update may take over 30 minutes
Leaked OS installation issue – Update available only for active BlackBerry subscribers
- Download BBSAK
- Create backup using Desktop Manager
- Run BBSAK, connect device using USB cable, click on “Backup/Restore” tab (in versions newer than 1.6)
- IMPORTANT: Choosing WIPE option will remove all data from our BlackBerry!
- Download leaked OS for Your BlackBerry device
- Install it
- Remove vendor file as mentioned above
- Remove RIM Internal Tools (from Add/Remove Programs Windows manager)
- Open “Backup/Restore” tab again and choose “Load OS” option
- Follow all on-screen steps
- After update run Desktop Manager, choose Backup/Restore and restore Your data from backup