Support documents on Verizon Wireless’ website shows the BlackBerry Bold 9930 and Torch 9850 will both officially receive OS 188.8.131.52 very soon. This is the same build that Sprint officially released. Here are the details of the new OS:
- Device will no longer repeatedly indicate that new software has been installed.
- Device will no longer reset while connected to a charging source.
- Device displays the correct wireless service provider while making calls or sending text messages.
- While in a global roaming condition, connect to a previously registered CDMA network without experiencing lengthy search periods.
- Improvements in home screen responsiveness and reduced touch screen lockups.
- No longer experience delays in audio reception or unexpected call termination.
- Improvements to audio quality during playback for audio files downloaded using the V CAST application.
- The zoom in and zoom functionout on the browser application renders the page properly.
- When downloading an application, the device will display the correct number of bytes being downloaded.
- Device now supports Commercial Mobile Alert System (CMAS).
- Device now supports Wi-Fi Mobile Hotspot (MHS).
Email & messaging
- Duplicate text messages will no longer display in the Messaging application.
- Improvements in Visual Voice Mail.