WhatsApp developers continuously seek to improve the app for BlackBerry 10. WhatsApp has received a new update in the BlackBerry Beta Zone, which puts it to version 2.11.1383.2 and brings a multitude of changes and fixes.
- Added “Add to contacts” context actions to the chat list (for chats with unknown contacts) and to the group info screen (for unknown participants)
- Updated list item highlight styling across app for 10.3
- Improved focus styling for Classic across numerous screens
- Hub chat rows now update in response to contact display name changes
- Fixed an issue on 10.3 where, if “Show action bar with keyboard” is enabled, a blank space would appear above the keyboard in landscape mode
- Fixed an issues where “Delete all conversations” and “Clear all conversations” would sometimes run so slowly they would appear to be broken
- Media downloads are now suspended during voice calls. Media downloads can still be manually triggered during voice calls
- Improved handling of certain failed voice calls
- Miscellaneous fixes and updates for voice calling (Note: voice calling is still in testing, and may not be available to all users.)
The new update for WhatsApp can be found in the Beta Zone app. If you don’t have the Beta Zone app, you can get it here.